General Principles of the Journal’s Editorial Policy
General Principles of
the Journal’s Editorial Policy
The journal’s editorial policy is based
on the following principles:
- objectivity in the process of article selection;
- high quality of scientific publications;
- impartiality of article peer review;
- guaranteed respect of copyright
and related rights.
The International Journal of Education and Science (IJES) publishes original articles about research findings in economic and legal fields, latest technological developments in the area of application of information technologies and blockchain, as well as about promising innovative projects for international cooperation of Ukraine.Learn More
Stages of Article Review Process
Peer Review Process
Peer Review Process
All manuscripts submitted for publication in the journal must undergo the peer review process. The peer review of manuscripts is carried out confidentially using the double-blind method, which means that during the whole peer review process reviewers do not know the identity of authors, and vice versa.Learn More
Attitude Towards Plagiarism
The journal’s editorial board thinks that the use of other scientists’ ideas and works without proper citation is illegal activity.
Copying any part of another person’s publication and the author’s own previously published works without proper citation is considered plagiarism. The editorial board reserves the absolute right to refuse to review the submitted manuscript if it contains small or significant borrowings from other publications without proper citation and can cancel the publication on complaint about revealed plagiarism.
Considering cases of possible violations, the journal’s editorial board follows recommendations developed by the (Committee of Publication Ethics (COPE)). The journal collects statistics on all cases of scientific dishonesty, particularly violation of ethical principles in scientific publications.
Open Access Policy
The journal’s editorial board provides open access to its content following the principle that research findings stored in publicly available access contribute to the exchange of knowledge and experience.
Access to articles available on the journal’s website is free for all users and institutions they represent. Users are permitted to view, save, copy, distribute, print, search for or refer to complete texts of articles, as well as use them for any legal purpose without prior consent of author or publisher. This statement corresponds to definitions of open access and recommendations presented in the Budapest Open Access Initiative
The International Journal of Education and Science (IJES) uses the LOCKSS system for distributed archival storage of published content in international libraries and information centers, which guarantees long-term storage of the journal’s exhaustive archives and automatic recovery of damaged data.
4 issues per year
The print version of the International Journal of Education and Science (IJES) is sent to libraries all over Ukraine and abroad free of charge.
The International Journal of Education and Science (IJES) meets high standards of scientific publication ethics.
The journal’s Code of Publication Ethics combines and covers general principles and rules that the participants in the scientific publication process, i.e. authors, reviewers, editors, publishers, distributers and readers, must follow in their relations.
All articles of the journal are available in open access, which means that they are distributed in accordance with the Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY 4.0) (CC BY 4.0). The license allows unlimited use, distribution and copying by any means, which ensures proper citation of the original article.
Policy on Interaction between the Journal and Authors
When interacting with authors, the International Journal of Education and Science (IJES) adheres to the following rules:
- to take all necessary measures to ensure the quality of the materials that are submitted and subject to publication;
- to ensure compliance with established mechanisms for the peer review of articles as well as retraction or revocation of decisions made by the editorial board;
- to inform the author of the manuscript about the acceptance of the article for publication, necessity of correcting it and the rejection of the article;
- to provide a substantiated description of the expert assessment of the article submitted for publication.
Policy on Interaction Between the Journal and Reviewers
When interacting with reviewers, the editorial board of the International Journal of Education and Science (IJES) adheres to the following rules:
- to provide reviewers with instructions and recommendations about the peer review of manuscripts;
- to provide reviewers with the system for verifying the authenticity of the article;
- to ensure reviewers’ confidentiality;
- to give reviewers the opportunity (right) to refuse to carry out the peer review without stating the reason (except for the established conflict of interests);
- to consider the peer review as an essential part of the assessment of the scientific publication, which confirms high quality of research articles.
The peer review process involves the work with reviewers, renowned experts in the subject of the article. Therefore, besides members of the editorial board, the journal cooperates with a broad range of scientists from various countries of the world. The article is accepted for publication only after it is discussed during the meeting of the editorial board in case of the positive peer review and support from majority of the editorial board members. Positive peer review does not guarantee publication of the article.
We would like to draw authors’ attention to the fact that no publication fees are charged.
In addition, authors should understand that the editorial board cannot print all received articles immediately. The editorial council determines the list of articles and the order of their publication in the journal.